Linking up with Neely and Ashley (a new year of Sunday Social)
1. Do you plan to change any of your eating habits in the new year?
Probably not. I kind of did that Summer 2012 and kept at it (mostly) so I'm pretty happy with my eating habits. I guess I need to change white bread back to brown if we're being really picky - but otherwise I've kept to my adding fruit and veg to my diet, eating smaller portions and cutting down on the alcohol.
2. Any workout tips to get us back in the shape after the holidays?
Actually go and do it! Haven't been to the gym or swimming for one reason or another since before I got married. Due to my physical limitations I absolutely recommend swimming or aqua aeorbics and MiL and I are discussing going swimming together.
3. What is your favourite thing you did over the holidays?
Just hanging out with my family. My mum came and visited so we had lunch (Husband and I) with our mothers... we had more family time on New Year's Eve Husband, MiL, the cat and I. I loved the cosy times when it was grey outside snuggled up indoors.
4. What is something you hope to accomplish in 2014 that you did not in 2013?
A list too long and lengthy to contemplate! I have piles and lists all over the place. 2013 was the most amazing year as Husband and I were married. This meant that an awful lot of other things fell by the wayside. Once I start the list we'll be here for hours! An important one is to see more of friends and family; seeing so many of them at the wedding made me realise how long it had been since I'd really see lots of them.
5. Name three things you are excited about this year and why?
- Our first wedding anniversary. Being married is still a delight (just over a week away from our six month anniversary). I think the first anniversary is going to be magical...
- I'm finally going to get to be doing my new job full time. I started in Spring last year, but staff shortages and other issues meant I kept slipping back to my old role. There have been five new staff since then so now I'll have a chance to get my teeth into my own job.
- Once I get used to three days a week again, Husband and I still have places in London to see... two weeks in our honeymoon only scratched our list!