Linking up with Ashley and Neeley again
1. What is your favorite Holiday Movie/TV Special?
There are a couple of movies that really say 'Christmas' to me.
The first one is "It's a Wonderful Life" - so classic that several comedy shows have done Christmas specials based on it. What's not to love? James Stewart (I will watch a movie just because he's in it), Clarence the Angel... we have a musical bear (he's an angel with wings) who plays Silent Night, he's called Clarence.
The other one, which we watch nearly every year, is Scrooged. A classic take on Dicken's "Christmas Carol" (which is one of two Dicken's books that I've finished) with the superb Bill Murray. It's the best film version (I think).
2. Do you do any volunteering during the holidays if so what? If not what would you do?
I wish I could say that I do, but no. If I did then I think that I would go and visit elderly people who don't have any family to be with, make sure they aren't lonely at such a family time of the year.
3. What is your favorite toy received as a child for the holidays?
Too long ago for me to remember! I know I was always thrilled though.
4. What was your must have item in high school for the holidays?
I think it was usually a healthy supply of books. This was before cable TV, computers and video games.
5. What do you do on Christmas Eve? If you are Jewish what does your family do for Hanukkah?
Watch some TV, movies maybe. Get some rest before the craziness of Christmas Day! when I was a child we used to go to carols in the village square, a brass band and lanterns. Then we would go home, have some food and a rest before midnight mass. Another sleep and it was time to get up and go to the Christmas morning service.