A perfect fall recipe; a nice curry to keep you warm made with yummy sweet potatoes. Quick, simple and inexpensive.
1 large sweet potato
1 large can of coconut milk
2 tbsp madras curry paste
1 large sliced onion (optional)
- Take the sweet potato and peel and dice into approx 2cm cubes.
- In the meantime, heat approximately two tablespoons of oil (your choice, vegetable, olive, walnut, etc.) in a large wok.
- Add the potatoes and brown - gently add the curry paste; make sure to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Add the onions and gently brown (optional)
- Add the tin of coconut milk. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes (until the potatoes are soft)
- Serve with rice.
This recipe can be adapted to use almost any root vegetable you have to hand. You need about 200g of vegetable to serve 2 people.
Uploaded by nat_mach on September 23, 2011
© All rights reserved