Linking up with Ashley and Neely for the Sunday Social
- 5 songs you'll listen to the rest of your life
Louis Armstrong: What a Wonderful World - I love the sentiment
Allegri: Miserere Mei, Deus - Beautiful soaring voices
Morecambe & Wise: Bring Me Sunshine - Always reminds me of my Dad
Frank Sinatra: My Way - Again, I love the sentiment
James Darren: Here's to the Losers - James Darren, love all his stuff
I chose a classic list rather than the stuff I like 'this year'.
5 things on your bucket list
- Go back to New York and maybe see a Yankees game
- Visit Boston and maybe catch a Red Sox game
- Walk the Camino de Santiago: the pilgrimage route to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia in northwestern Spain, where tradition has it that the remains of the apostle Saint James are buried
- Do a fire walk
- Remodel my kitchen
5 celebs you'd love to hang out with for a day
Does it matter if some of them are dead celebs? I don't really do celebs! My list would be:
- John Lennon; we were all so into him at school. We even went to Abbey Road on a pilgrimage!
- Mariano Riviera; Yankees all-time super closer.
- Christian Bale; always subtitled in movies as "The Lovely Christian Bale"
- Audrey Hepburn - total style icon and amazing actress
- Grace Kelly - see Audrey Hepburn
- 5 things you always carry in your purse
Ah, an easy one!
- my cellphone
- my wallet
- my iPad
- my hairbrush
- my bus-pass
I'm set for anything!
5 books on your reading list
Ones I haven't read? There are currently 93 books on my Kindle in the 'queue' and a few actual books in the space behind the bed. Shall I give the highlights?
- I'm about a third of the way through David Copperfield (trying out the classics)
- I'm somewhere in the middle of the Sherlock Holmes books (again with the classics, although I'm enjoying these!)
- I want to read the new book by Mitch Ablom who wrote Five People You Meet in Heaven (if you haven't read it, read it)
- I'm in the middle of Stephen Baxter's Bronze Summer
- Half a Yellow Sun; my mum lent it to me forever ago and said it was really good, but because it's an actual book it is way down the pile!
For enthusiastic readers I really recommend Goodreads - come and find me there!
- Share the last five pictures on your phone
|Sun puddle cat|
|Spring late afternoon sun (at last)!|
|The rainbows are back!|
|Handle with care - delicate or grumpy?|
|No, not squashed. Full and still drinkable!|
Ed - reposted with pictures!